Women of the ELCA (WELCA)
Who We Are
Women of the ELCA (WELCA) includes Lutheran women who gather for service, study, advocacy, and fellowship. WELCA embraces all kinds of ministries that support our mission of mobilizing women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. There are approximately 75 active WELCA church units within the South-Central Synod of Wisconsin. These church women’s groups are overseen by a Synodical Women’s Organization, an elected board of 10-12 women.
ATTENTION – QUILTS REQUESTED FOR SYNOD ASSEMBLY (MAY 1-2)
Women of the ELCA in the SOUTH-CENTRAL SYNOD of WISCONSIN
(especially church quilting groups)
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Ordination of women in the Lutheran Church. To showcase this and other ways that women have been active in our churches, the Synod Assembly Planning Team will construct a quilt backdrop behind the stage in the conference hall at the Kalahari (Wisconsin Dells). The theme for the Synod Assembly is, “We are Church Together!”
• Church quilting groups are encouraged to donate one quilt.
• The quilt is allowed to have the church’s name or picture on it (but this is not required).
• After the Assembly, the quilts will be donated to the Lac Coutre Reservation.
• The quilt backdrop will be assembled on Thursday, April 30. Synod Assembly is May 1-2, 2020.
• Quilts may be dropped off at the synod office (6401 Odana Rd, Madison) any time before April 29, 2020.
• Synodical Women’s Organization (SWO) board members will also be collecting these quilts at any of the Conference Spring Gatherings.
• Thank you for your generosity.
2020 National Women of the ELCA Gathering
July 16-19, 2020, in Sunny Phoenix, Arizona
Following Jesus is messy. Loving one another is justice. We are not perfect. We are one body in Christ.
Registration is $375. Day registration is $200. We can’t wait to see you!