As ELCA Lutherans, we faithfully steward the gifts God has so abundantly given to us. Stewardship is so much more than money. It is about how we use all that God has entrusted to our care — our time, our talents and our treasures — to love God and love our neighbors, both inside and outside of the church walls and our homes.
Below are some stewardship resources you are invited to look at, also please contact Rev. Joy Mortensen-Weibe, the Director of Evangelical Mission in the synod, to help with your stewardship conversations (email@example.com).
Calling all those who work with children, youth, and family ministries!Are you a pastor, staff member, lay leader, or volunteer that works with faith formation? Join us as we learn, dream, and worship together February 11th-13th at Bethel Horizons. We’ll be joined by Deacon Tammy Devine, a spiritual coach and systemic whole person promoter of well-being. “Restore” will be an opportunity to connect with those doing similar work to you in our synod, reflect on how God is calling you in your ministry, and gain tools and resources to bring holistic, spiritual wellness into your faith life. There are three payment levels ($30, $70, $85) based on the funding you have available to you. We’re look forward to gathering together as we listen for how God is calling us in our own faith journeys and how that shows up in our vocational roles in ministry.
Register online at: https://goo.gl/forms/FDWN6tKrOjyMJxIi2
Find out more details on the main event page at : https://scsw-elca.org/event/scswrestore/
The coming months are an important time for congregational involvement! As you share the love of Jesus & prepare for Advent and Christmas, please also set aside congregational time for important synod-related stewardship conversations:
1. Congregational mission support conversation: Mission support refers to the dollars that congregations generously share with the synod to support our shared ministry of developing leaders, equipping congregations and accompanying global partners.
2. Tools for Holy Conversations About Mission Support: All congregations will be mailed two letters: One was addressed to your congregation’s treasurer from Bishop Thomas-Breitfeld that was mailed last Thursday and one letter to be sent soon from the Synod Vice President, Jane Cahill Wolfgram asking you to consider a specific dollar amount for your 2019 intent. Please carve out time at your next council meeting to discuss the dollar amount your congregation feels compelled to share with the synod through mission support in 2019.
Resources and additional information:
- Where does your offering go – Video – https://vimeo.com/178206375
- Where does my offering go – Info Sheet – http://bit.ly/WhereDoesMyOfferingGo
- SCSW Narrative Spending Plan –https://scsw-elca.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Narrative-Budget-2018.pdf
A two-day workshop on January 24-25, 2019 hosted by St. Andrew University, a ministry of St. Andrew Lutheran Church (ELCA) at 13600 Technology Drive in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
Speaker: Tod Bolsinger, author of Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory Participants will:
- Hear testimonies of new life–not just numerical growth or church transformation–in diverse contexts.
- Wonder about God’s call for change in your community.
- Engage with leaders in practical questions of “how”
- How did you lead through change?
- How did you manage naysayers or difficulties?
- How can you lead differently?
- How can new spiritual disciplines stimulate and empower fresh and creative engagement with our changing world?
- Make a concrete plan for spiritual development for yourself that is rooted in the needs of your role and context.
For information and registration, see the conference website (www.standrewu.org). Note: super early bird
registration ($99) ends November 30, 2018. After this, registration is $129 through January 10, 2019.