We have listened and due to feedback received, our team has changed this from a multi-day event into a one day event.
(Was previously scheduled Oct. 23, 30, Nov. 6 & 13)
When: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Where: First Lutheran Church, 612 N Randall Ave, Janesville, WI
About the training:
Members of the clergy with a heart for the care of Veterans and active duty service members in their community will gather together to learn more about warriors’ needs and ways to serve and support them.
We will view educational videos from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, engage in facilitated discussion, and meet with VA representatives and other community experts.
Pastors will learn how to help Veterans access VA and community services that will help them address:
- Mental health issues
- Relationship problems
- Difficulties for the children of military families
- Lowering levels of substance abuse
- Improving physical health and well-being
Please join us for this important training.
Please RSVP by calling First Lutheran’s office at 608-752-7434 x10 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org before November 6th so we can plan for food and materials. Please include any dietary restrictions.
Lunch is provided from 12:00-12:30
- October 23rd – Military Culture and the Wounds of War
- October 30th – Military Culture and the Wounds of War (Continued)
- November 6th – Pastoral Care for Veterans and their Families
- November 13th – Mental Health Services & Referrals and Building Community Partnerships