Friday, November 2 – Saturday, November 3 (with optional additional stay on Saturday night)
Students and staff in Wisconsin & Upper Michigan are cordially invited to participate in this year’s LCM Fall Social Justice Retreat, co-sponsored by Lutheran Campus Ministry – Madison, The Corner House (LCM at UW -Milwaukee), and the Lutheran Office for Public Policy in Wisconsin.
This year’s theme: Hungry for Change: Food Insecurity & Environmental Issues
Housing at The Urban Gathering Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tentative cost: $30 (+ extra $15 if staying Saturday night)
Likely topics & activities include:
- Field Trip to UW-Milwaukee Student Food Pantry – Why is hunger an issue on college campuses? What are schools doing to help?
- Lunch at Tricklebee Cafe – What does a meal where all are welcome look like?
- Field Trip to Alice’s Garden – How does growing our own food nourish our bodies and our connection to God’s creation?
- Guests from Milwaukee’s Lutheran Volunteer Corpswill join us discuss their food-related ministry
Why should your students participate?
- To learn about issues facing our local communities, state, and nation
- To consider the Christian call to advocacy
- To get energized to participate in this year’s midterm elections
- To meet other LCM Students from our region
- Perhaps to get excited to participate in the LSM National Gathering in Memphis in December? Students could organize travel together?
More Details & Promotional materials available by September 1. Registration open by September 15.