Date: November 14, 2019
Time: 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Faith-based organizations often serve as a trusted source of help and connection for many Service Members, Veterans, and Military Families (SMVF). An increasing number of faith-based organizations and leaders not only assist with the spiritual needs of SMVF but also provide support with many areas related to readjustment and strengthening resiliency, wellness, and recovery. They are often referred to as “force multipliers” due to their help and support to so many SMVF on the path to positive behavioral health and well-being.
This webinar will provide information that will help participants to engage, educate, inform, and partner with faith-based leaders, non-profit organizations, and communities in support of and responding to the behavioral health needs of SMVF.
- Recognize the spiritual and emotional needs of SMVF and better understand the role that faith-based communities can play in SMVF community integration and transition
- Facilitate information dissemination for expanding and growing partnerships between communities and faith-based organizations
- Provide examples and lessons learned for convening faith-based learning events, bringing faith-based, community, and SMVF partners together to help prevent SMVF suicides and address other mental health needs
- Share relevant resources and tools to faith-based and community organizations in order to support SMVF and their caregivers
- Identify training events and resources as well as explore opportunities for strengthening partnerships and coordination
If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Phil Paty at (518) 439-7415, ext. 5272, or by email at email@example.com.