The coming months are an important time for congregational involvement! As you share the love of Jesus & prepare for Advent and Christmas, please also set aside congregational time for important synod-related stewardship conversations:
1. Congregational mission support conversation: Mission support refers to the dollars that congregations generously share with the synod to support our shared ministry of developing leaders, equipping congregations and accompanying global partners.
2. Tools for Holy Conversations About Mission Support: All congregations will be mailed two letters: One was addressed to your congregation’s treasurer from Bishop Thomas-Breitfeld that was mailed last Thursday and one letter to be sent soon from the Synod Vice President, Jane Cahill Wolfgram asking you to consider a specific dollar amount for your 2019 intent. Please carve out time at your next council meeting to discuss the dollar amount your congregation feels compelled to share with the synod through mission support in 2019.
Resources and additional information:
- Where does your offering go – Video – https://vimeo.com/178206375
- Where does my offering go – Info Sheet – http://bit.ly/WhereDoesMyOfferingGo
- SCSW Narrative Spending Plan –https://scsw-elca.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Narrative-Budget-2018.pdf