A Conversation to Take Small Town & Rural Ministry Into God’s Future
November 18, 2018 from 2:00 – 6:00 pm (Registration at 1:30 pm)
Sugar Creek Lutheran Church
N5690 Cobblestone Road
Elkhorn, WI 53121
This event is to introduce a new rural/small town ministry leadership partnership between Wartburg Theological Seminary, the synod and Sugar Creek Lutheran Church – Elkhorn. The purpose is to offer a training resource for rural and small town ministry that builds faith, relationships, and service.
Join the Director for the Center for Theology and Land, Dr. Mark Yackel-Juleen, Director of Small Town & Rural Ministry for the Center for Theology & Land, on November 18 as he leads us through conversations about:
- Small town and rural ministry and culture
- The development and administration of multi-point parishes
- Care of creation and theology and practice
- Rural mission development
This conversation is designed to gather 3-4 leaders from each congregation including pastors, deacons and lay leaders.
At this gathering, we will discuss:
- Congregational joys and concerns.
- Obstacles and distractions.
- Future collaboration and mutual support
- The process and commitment
- And what rural/small town gathering would be complete without a potluck supper! Everyone is asked to bring a dish to pass!
Registration 1:30 pm
Program: 2:00 pm
Pot Luck Dinner & Conversation: 5:00 pm
Sugar Creek will provide the hot dishes. Please brung a cold dish or dessert to share!
Event is FREE. We are grateful to Sugar Creek Lutheran Endowment for covering the costs.
Please register by November 9 by calling the synod office at (608) 270-0201